In today's technique, I am going to show you how to make a 3 tier pull card. It is not a difficult card to make as long as you score and cut it properly. Let's get started.....
Here's what you will need to make the card:
- 3 Coordinating and 1 Whisper White/Very Vanilla Cardstock (I used So Saffron, Regal Rose & Baja Breeze)
- Simply Scored
- Paper Cutter
- Round Tab Punch
- Paper Piercer & Mat (not shown)
- Sticky Strip
- Antique Brads
Cut your three pieces of coordinating cardstock as follows:
- Level 1 - 8.5" x 5" (Baja Breeze)
- Level 2 - 8" x 3 7/8" (Regal Rose)
- Level 3 - 8" x 3" (So Saffron)
Place your Level 1 piece in the Simply Scored in the "landscape" position - meaning the 8.5" side is horizontal. Score at 4" and 8".
Turn the paper to the "portrait" position and score at 1/2" and 4 1/2".
Take your Level 2 paper and place it in the landscape position and score at 7/8", 4" and 7 1/8" (This step is not shown). Turn the paper into the portrait position and score at 3/8" and 3 1/2".
Take your Level 3 paper and place it in the landscape position and score at 1 3/4", 4" and 6 1/4". (Again, this step is not shown.) Turn the paper to the portrait position and score at 3/8" and 2 5/8".
Cut along center (4") score line on each piece as follows:
Level 1 - Slice from 7/8" in on the left to 4 1/8". (This should leave 7/8" on each side uncut.)
Level 2 - Slice from 3/4" in on the left to 3 1/8". (This should leave 3/4" on each side uncut.)
Level 3 - Slice from 1" in on the left to 2". (This should leave 1" on each side uncut.)
Trim the pieces as shown in the picture above.
- Level 1 - Make sure you trim off the corners on the side with the 1/2" score line. Also, trim along the score lines of the sides of the bottom half up to the 4" score line.
- Level 2 - Trim off the top sides along the score line between the 3/8" score line and the 4" score line.
- Level 3 - Trim off the sides along the score line between the 1 3/4" and 6 1/4" score lines.
Place sticky strip on the pieces as shown in the picture:
- Level 1 - Outside of card facing up - Sticky strip along the 3 tabbed sides.
- Level 2 - Inside of card facing up - Fold in the long pieces at the bottom and place sticky strip on the outside part of tab. Place sticky strip on the small tabs at the bottom.
- Level 3 - Inside of card facing up - Place sticky strip along bottom.
- Round Tab Punch piece (Just punch this from left over cardstock) - Place a small piece of sticky strip at each end on one side.
Using the paper piercer, make a hole near the center line of the tab.
Place brad in hole in tab. Place small piece of sticky strip inside, remove backing and fold to stick together.
Carefully slide the tab and brad into the Level 3 piece of cardstock and pull up into position.
Remove sticky strip from round tab and at bottom of Level 3 piece. Fold over Level 3 along center, carefully lining it up. Stamp a 2" x 3" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with your image and attach to Level 3. (Not shown in this picture - please see below.)
Carefully slide the Level 3 piece face down into the slot cut in Level 2. Leave most of Level 1 down near the bottom as shown. Fold tabs in at the sides, remove sticky strip backing and fold in half, carefully lining it up.
This is what you will see. Here you can see the image I stamped from the Bordering on Romance stamp set. I stamped it with Early Espresso ink and used Regal Rose, So Saffron, Baja Breeze and Pear Pizzazz markers to color the image.
Take a 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamp your second image on it. Make sure not to stamp too low on the piece so it will show. My sentiment comes from the Friendly Phrases stamp set.
Place Level 2 face down into the Level 1 piece. as shown. Fold in the sides and bottom. Remove sticky strip and fold top portion over carefully aligning the sides and bottom.
Finish the card with a matted image (mat is 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" and the Very Vanilla is 3 1/2" x 3 1/2".)
Finally, here is the card when it is all pushed down. Isn't that adorable!!!!
Post a Comment