Here's a cool variation to the diamond fold card that I showed you this week on Technique Tuesday.
Here's what you will need to make this card:
- Simply Scored & the diagonal plate
- 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (retired but I am sure you still have some laying around, right?)
- Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder
- Word Play stamp set
- "Congratulations" sentiment (I used a retired set but Curly Cute or Sweet Essentials would work perfectly)
- Basic Black and Real Red ink (or your school colors)
- Cardstock in Whisper White & school colors
- Cut the Basic Black cardstock to 4 1/4" x 9 3/4".
- Place lengthwise in Simply Scored and score straight at 5 1/2".
- Place diagonal place in Simply Scored and score at 3 3/8" and 7 5/8".
- Flip up paper to the other side. Score again at 3 3/8" and 7 5/8".
- Cut along the two 7 5/8" score lines to make a point at the top of the card.
- Fold backward along straight line. Open up.
- Fold forward along diagonal lines. Press and flatten.
- Take a 5 1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White and score diagonally at 3 1/4".
- Flip up paper to the other side and score again at 3 1/4".
- Cut along the two score lines to make a point at the top of the paper. Adhere to inside of card.
- Stamp the arrow in Real Red ink on a scrap from the Whisper White and cut out.
- Stamp the "Go confidently..." image in Basic Black on your card and attach red arrow using dimensional.
- Stamp "Congratulations" in Real Red at the bottom.
- Take your ribbon and fold it in half. Make a half knot in it approximately 1/4" from the fold.
- Cut along the length of the ribbon ends just inside of the outside edge. Using your fingers, pull the strands out and you will get the tassell look.
- Take a 3" x 3" piece of Basic Black cardstock and emboss.
- Place brad through the ribbon and the center of the embossed square.
- Attach to the diamond portion of the card and you are done!
Post a Comment