It is Tuesday and that means a new technique for you. Today I am going to show you how to make a Telescoping Circles Card. They are quite easy but require a bunch of Big Shot dies or a circle cutter.
Here's what you need:
- Whisper White cardstock & two coordinating colors of cardstock (I used Tempting Turquoise and Old Olive)
- Stamp set of your choice (I used Stampin' Up!'s Patterned Party & Happiest Birthday Wishes)
- Markers or inks in coordinating colors (I used Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight - not pictured is Basic Black)
- Dies - 3" circle, 3 1/2" Circle and Large Scallop Circle
- 2 1/2" Circle Punch
- Coordinating brads
- Ribbon - not pictured. I used Tempting Turquoise
- Paper Piercer and mat (not shown)
Cut your circles as follows:
- Cut ONE Large Scallop Circle out of coordinating color cardstock;
- Cut TWO 3 1/2" circles from Whisper White cardstock;
- Cut ONE 3" circle from second coordinating color cardstock;
- Punch ONE 2 1/2" circle from Whisper White cardstock.
Stamp on the Whisper White circles as desired.
Attach 2 1/2" Whisper White circle to 3" colored cardstock.
Attach one of the 3 1/2" Whisper White circles to the large scallop circle.
Take the second Whisper White 3 1/2" circle and place it UPSIDE DOWN over the other Whisper White 3 1/2" circle. Pierce a hole at the top and attach brad.
Spin top circle around so it sits above the scallop circle. Place 3" colored circle UPSIDE DOWN in center of middle circle. Pierce a hole at the top and attach with a brad.
Spin top circle around and pierce a hole at the top. Cut a small piece of ribbon and fold in half. Attach ribbon to circle with brad.
Here's my card when it is all folded up. Looks pretty cute just like this, doesn't it?
Now see how cute it is when it is opened up! Who wouldn't love receiving a card like this one!